Spartan Crew are an award winning international crewing company who supply crew to the events industry. We have been operating for five years and pride ourselves on exemplary customer service, enthusiasm and diligence. We aim to work to the highest of standards of health and safety and staff welfare at all times. Our company mantra is Born Ready, so we know that striving for excellence cannot be done without great staff. All we ask is that you, too, are Born Ready, and we’ll do the rest.
We provide crew for a wide range of events including concerts, festivals, major sporting events and corporate and private events. We are currently working across major venues in London such as The 02, Wembley Stadium, Royal Albert Hall, as well as over the UK and Worldwide.
Last year we provided award winning crew to major events such as The Euro Football Championships, Glastonbury Festival, The Queen’s Funeral, Formula E races, and The Commonwealth Games.
We are always looking to bolster our team with keen and enthusiastic people who are brimming with initiative and a passion to deliver high quality production to our clients. We have positions available for all ranks from rookie up to Crew Ambassador and Crew Chief.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in crewing and we welcome you if you are wanting to experience a new challenge.
The ideal candidate would:
● Be physically fit as work can be labour intensive, we are very health and safety conscious and manual handling training will be given.
● Have exceptional punctuality, time and diary management
● Have the ability to communicate effectively in English
● Work well as part of a team
● Have the ability to work flexible and sometimes unsociable hours
● Provide their own steel toe cap boots/shoes and working gloves
● Have the right to work in the UK
● Be reliable
We would also love to hear from you if you have any of the following experience/up to date official certifications:
● Crew Chief
● Set carpentry
● Stage Building
● Counterbalance/Telehandler Forklift Licence
● IPAF3a/3b or PASMA
● Event Health and Safety certificates Some of the benefits of working with us include:
● Working in a number of different venues across the UK and over the world
● Paid training in manual handling, health and safety and an introduction to event rigging
● The chance to develop and grow with us, eventually progressing to a Crew Chief/Crew Ambassador role.
● Progression plan – ongoing training from the start and further technical training after passing a probationary period.
● Further qualifications available, such as Counterbalance, Forklift, IPAF and many others.
The shifts we have available are based on hourly rates, we have shifts starting from 2-hour calls going up to 12-hour calls. The work is very flexible and you only agree to the available shifts that you can do, so you can effectively set your own schedule depending on the shifts! Rates are negotiable depending on experience and the Holiday pay is included.
If you are ambitious and want to be a part of something different, get in touch now. If we find you suitable for the job role, we will send you an email with more information about Spartan Crew and the next steps.
Job Types: Temporary contract, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: £12.00-£18.00 per hour
● Day shift
● Monday to Friday
● Night shift
● Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: All crew are provided with Covid risk assessments for every assignment. As standard, we use social distancing where possible and use PPE. Training is completed in a Covid safe venue with social distancing and sanitiser available throughout.
● Event Crewing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person