Starting salary: £29,652.00 per annum
Two Year Fixed term contract – Starting September 2023
Based in Purfleet, Essex
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Royal Opera House Scenic Construction team at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, our purpose built state-of-the-art 3750 sq metre building in Purfleet, Essex. The site contains a scenic construction carpentry workshop, metalwork workshop, scenic art workshop and fit up area, enabling us to make scenery for the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet companies and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
We are seeking to appoint a Workshop Assistant (Labourer) to ensure that the Scenic Art Workshop areas are maintained on a daily basis. Tasks will include:
- Cleaning buckets, brushes and other equipment
- Collecting and delivering goods and visitors
- Maintaining machinery and equipment
- Safely loading and unloading large scenery
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of labouring skills in a team workshop environment.
- Full clean driving license and ability to drive the ROH van.
- Basic IT skills essential including MS Office and Excel (inputting of stock date, show products data and annual stock check)
- Basic knowledge of workshop machinery and able to undertake basic maintenance tasks.
- Strong awareness of and adherence to Health and Safety policy and best practice in a workshop environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative.
Please note, whilst an interest in the theatrical scenic arts might be regarded, this role will not be suitable for artists or those interested in pursuing a career in Scenic Art.
Candidates must have experience and proven competency in a workshop environment.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from those who are from a global majority background and/or those who are disabled, as they are under-represented within our organisation. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description is available below. To apply, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on `Apply Now`. For queries please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for applications: 8am. Tuesday 19th September 2023
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK. No agencies.
A full job description and information on how to apply is available on our website – Careers – Royal Opera House (roh.org.uk). For queries please contact the HR Department at email@example.com. You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.