Stonemason - Commonwealth War Graves
Location: Mobile role. You must be within a reasonable commute of Brookwood Military Cemetery. You will be working across Greater London and the South East, primarily in the London and Surrey areas.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Salary: Up to £32,561 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
Hours: Full Time. Average of 37 hours per week worked seasonally.
As the global leader in commemoration with over 13,000 sites in the UK, Ireland, Gibraltar, Scandinavia, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands, we are dedicated to ensuring the memory of those members of the Commonwealth forces who died during the two World Wars will never be forgotten.
We take a conservation-based and sustainable approach to maintaining our sites and conserving our heritage estate; maintenance work and repairs are performed by our own in-house specialists. We are excited to offer this opportunity for a stonemason to join our team carrying out structural maintenance of the war graves and memorials in our care mostly across London and Surrey. However, the team you will be working within are responsible for the maintenance of all our site across the South East and Greater London. There will also be opportunities to work with the wider works team across the whole of the United Kingdom and Northern Area.
This is a mobile role with lots of travel. Most of the time you will be working alone or as part of a small team. You will have use of a van, so it is essential you are able to park it overnight at your address or a secure parking area. The role is practical, hands-on and requires a decent level of physical fitness. There will be occasions that you are expected to stay overnight (this on occasions could be up to 4 nights a week), and costs will be covered.
Everyone who works for us, or with us, shares our Values, which are formed around our concept of CARE (Commitment, Ambition, Respect and Excellence). We are proud and committed to ensuring we bring this to life every day, for ourselves, each other and those who lost their lives.
You will be able to demonstrate:
· NVQ level 2 or equivalent level or working towards qualification in Stonemasonry
· Experience of high-quality handling and repairing stone structures
· A reasonable knowledge of general building practices
· Significant practical experience in Stonemasonry or General Building practices
· Working independently as part of a small team
· Dealing with external contractors and suppliers
· Willingness to commit to continual professional development by undertaking training and development requirements in Stonemasonry Skills
· Understanding of Health & Safety
· Able to work in all types of weather
· Pride in the quality of your work and a genuine interest in who we are and what we do
What We Offer:
· Generous pension scheme with employer contributions up to 15%
· Training and development opportunities
· A generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year
· Paid time off for all the public and bank holidays & paid closure between Christmas and New Year. To compensate for working additional hours over the course of a year, there are an additional 7 paid non-working days at Christmas.
· Life Assurance of up to 6 x salary
· Employee Benefits: 24-hour wellbeing helpline, Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
· Workwear, PPE, van and tools and equipment
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application form to email@example.com. Visit our careers web page at Careers | CWGC for more details about the role and a downloadable copy of the application form.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.