An excellent course for all ages on the art of wood craft. We teach traditional skills, utilising modern tools for contemporary industry requirements.
At the Building Crafts College we value the traditional approach to the craft of wood working. You will be taught how to form traditional joints using hand tools and how to produce setting out using the industry standard technical drawings. As you progress modern power tools and woodworking machines are utilised to produce Joinery to a professional standard.
As well as the practical element to the course, there are also theory work books that cover a range of topics from construction methods to timber and traditional jointing methods for a range of joinery products.
In Summary: Workshop and study based course
- Development of good standard joinery skills
- Building construction – basic
- Use of woodcutting machines
- Use of portable power tools
- Making and assembling joinery products such as basic frames, cabinets, windows, doors and stairs
- Completion of study packs, practical pieces, module tests and end test
- Maths and English GCSE tutoring if required (for 16-18 year olds only)
The College reserves the right to change aspects of the course
- Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery
Ideally Grade 4 in Maths and English. If you do not have these then you must continue to work towards a Grade 4 with our tutors whilst at College
Completion of Maths and English basic skills assessment
Commitment to and interest in woodworking
- Please note: No prior woodworking qualifications are required (this course is for entry level upwards, with the skills equivalent to Carpentry and Joinery Level 1 included in the syllabus)
- 1 year, 3 days per week (36 weeks per year) for 16-18 year olds
- 1 year, 2 days a week (36 weeks per year) for 19+
- 16 – 18 NIL
- 19+ £7,500 for the academic year 2023/24
- Level 2 Diploma
- Opportunity to progress into employment
- Level 3 Bench Joinery
For further information please contact email@example.com or why not attend one of our open days!