The Level 2 Diploma in Stonemasonry is the starting point for your training in stonemasonry. Based primarily in the workshop you will learn about the key principles of working stone and producing architectural mouldings such as the ovolo and cavetto, a range of surface finishes and finished stone components such as a detailed window cill.
Key features of the course are:
- Primarily workshop-based learning and development of key techniques of banker stonemasonry*
- Theory units on basic stonemasonry, quarrying, construction, history and theory of stone production
- English and Maths
- Health and Safety
- Use of hand and powered tools
- Setting out for template details
- Marking out and making standard stone components
*Banker stonemasonry is masonry worked at a bench or stonemason’s “banker”. It involves the carving and production of key architectural components by hand and remains fundamental to the stonemasonry and heritage sector today.
The College reserves the right to change aspects of the course
- Level 2 Diploma in Stonemasonry
- Ideally Grade 4 in Maths and English. If you do not have these then we can help you achieve with training whilst at College.
- Completion of Maths and English initial assessment
- Commitment to and interest in stonemasonry
- 2 years, 3 days per week (37 weeks per year)
- 16-18 Year olds: NIL
- Age 19+: £,7000 per year, £14,000 over two years
- Level 2 Diploma
- Stonemasonry Level 3 Diploma
- To find out more about our stonemasonry courses please ring the College on 020 8522 1705 or why not attend an open day!