L2 and L3 Diplomas in Site Carpentry for those leaving school
Applications now open for September 2024!
- Workshop and study based course
- Development of good standard carpentry skills
- Building construction – basic
- Site first fixing (joists, stud walls, etc.)
- Site second fixing (architraves, skirtings, doors)
- Structural carcassing
- Maintenance works
- Introduction to woodworking machines and portable power tools
- Completion of study packs, practical pieces, module tests and end test
- Site Carpentry Diploma Level 2 and 3
- Ideally Grade 4 in Maths and English. If you do not have these then we can help you achieve with training whilst at College.
- Completion of Maths and English basic skills assessment
- Commitment to and interest in carpentry
- Entry requirement for Level 3 is completion of Level 2 Site Carpentry
16-18 year olds
1 year for those with Grade 4 in Maths and English
2 years if you do not have Grade 4 in Maths and English
- 16-18 year old = NIL
- Level 2 and 3
- Site Supervision programme (CIOB)
- Heritage NVQ Level 3
- Construction Level 4
- Higher Level Carpentry and Joinery Course
This course does not entitle you to a CSCS card or make you eligible to apply for one. The CSCS card requires a work based qualification eg. NVQ, which can only be gained by completing an apprenticeship standard, or on site assessment in the workplace which requires a minimum of 5 years site experience.
For further information please contact the college at firstname.lastname@example.org or why not come to one of our Open Days!