The Building Crafts College woodworking evening class is taught by highly accomplished carver Saena Ku of the Woodcarving Studio.
- Term time only
- Year long course but students can join for one or more terms
- Workshops on basic carving techniques including lettering, incising, relief and sculptural work
- Development of a small woodcarving project as the course progresses
- Apply now for 2023/24
Under Saena’s expert tuition, you will learn the basics of incising and carving wood, how to safely select and use woodcarving chisels and learn to develop traditional carved forms. The course will be underpinned with study of ornament and development of form in relief, enabling you to produce strong, carved forms as the course progresses.
- College certificate
- Interest in Wood Carving
1 year (30 weeks over 3 terms)
Start date Thursday 20th April running for 5 weeks until Thursday 25th May
Thursday 1st June- Half term
5 weeks from Thursday 8th June- 29th June
Course timings are Thursdays, 5.00pm to 7.30pm
Students can progress to following year or to other woodworking mainstream programmes
- For the academic year 2023/24 – £900 for one year or termly at £300
- College certificate only
- Opportunity to develop work for your own portfolio
- Saena Ku
- Continuing year or mainstream programme
- To find out more about our stonemasonry courses please ring the College on 020 8522 1705 or why not attend an open day!