This course offers an excellent introduction to woodworking techniques, starting from the basics and progressing towards constructing your own woodwork projects.
New for January 2024. Please fill in an application form to register an interest.
Term-time evening class study
- Students progress at own pace
- Workshops on woodworking – basic joints and assembly techniques for timber components
Delivered by our skilled tutors, the course will be run from our large and well-equipped woodworking department, where you will receive guidance in the safe and appropriate use of hand tools, the selection and use of various timbers and have an introduction to the use of power tools.
We aim to give you the technical skills to assemble and join wood safely and with confidence, and to inspire you either to continue developing your skills over a further year of evening classes or to progress onto one of our mainstream courses.
- College certificate
- Interest in Woodworking
Students can progress from the first term onto the second to learn further projects.
- Dates to be confirmed for a January 2024 start
Class Timings Thursday’s 5.00 to 7.30pm
- College certificate only
- Opportunity to develop work for your own portfolio
- Continuing to the second term or mainstream programme