This course offers an excellent introduction to woodworking techniques, starting from the basics and progressing towards constructing your own woodwork projects.
Term-time evening class study
- Year-long class but also taught ternmly if you do not wish to commit to a whole year
- Students progress at own pace
- Workshops on woodworking – basic joints and assembly techniques for timber components
- Apply now for Summer 2022/23 and Autumn 2023/24
Delivered by our skilled tutors, the course will be run from our large and well-equipped woodworking department, where you will receive guidance in the safe and appropriate use of hand tools, the selection and use of various timbers and have an introduction to the use of power tools.
We aim to give you the technical skills to assemble and join wood safely and with confidence, and to inspire you either to continue developing your skills over a further year of evening classes or to progress onto one of our mainstream courses.
- College certificate
- Interest in Woodworking
1 year (30 weeks over 3 terms)
Or join for just one term and then decide if you’d like to stary on a learn more
Start date Thursday 12th January running for 5 weeks until Thursday 9th February
Thursday 16th February- Half term
5 weeks from Thursday 23rd February-Thursday 23rd March
Class Timings 5.30 to 7.30pm
Students can progress to following year or a mainstream programme
- For the academic year 2023/24 – £900 for one year or termly at £300
- College certificate only
- Opportunity to develop work for your own portfolio
- Continuing year or mainstream programme