The Level 3 Bench Joinery programme builds upon the skills learned at Level 2. There is an emphasis on complex Joinery incorporating shaped work and complex geometry. The Level 3 programme also requires the use of industrial machinery to a greater extent.
The theoretical elements include sustainability, geometry, and structures and practises within the construction and associated industries.
In Summary: Workshop and study based course
- Development of advanced traditional joinery skills
- Use of woodcutting machines
- Use of portable power tools
- Making and assembling advanced joinery products such as frames, cabinets, windows, doors and stairs
- Completion of study packs, practical pieces, module tests and end test
The College reserves the right to change aspects of the course
- Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery
- Bench Joinery Level 2. It is not possible to jump straight to Level 3 without first achieving Level 2
- 16-18 year olds will have to continue studying for Maths and English at Grade 4 if not yet achieved in Level 2
- Completion of Maths and English basic skills assessment
- Commitment to woodworking
- One academic year (three terms), two days per week (19+) or 2 3/4 days (16-18)
- 19+ years old – £7,000 for the academic year 2023/24
- Level 3 Diploma
- NVQ Level 4
- Heritage NVQ Level 3
For further information please contact email@example.com or why not attend one of our open days!