Apprenticeship – Architectural Joinery L2 and Craft Carpentry L3 Standard 16+

  • All applicants must be employed as an apprentice before applying to the College for training with us.
  • Your employer must contact us regarding a place
  • Most of your training (80%) will happen at your place of work. The rest (20%) is undertaken at College
  • You will develop a good standard (L2) and advanced (L3) joinery skills
  • Making and assembling advanced joinery products such as frames, cabinets, windows, doors and stairs
  • Use of woodcutting machines
  • Use of portable power tools
  • Completion of study packs, practical pieces, module tests and end test (EPA)

Architectural Joinery L2 or Craft Carpentry L3

  • Ideally Grade 4 and above in Maths and English. If you do not have these then we can help you achieve with training whilst at College.
  • You must achieve Functional Skills L2 to pass your apprenticeship

Level 2 – 2 years excluding EPA

Level 3 – 15 months excluding EPA

There are generally no apprenticeship costs paid by the apprentice, your employer should pay the fees in the following ways:

Where a business employs fewer than 50 people, the government will pay 100% of the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum for apprentices aged:

· 16-18

· 19-24 with an education, health and care plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority.

If you are over 19

· If your employer has a pay bill of more than £3 million, they are required to pay into the Apprenticeship Levy, which should cover apprenticeship training and assessment.

· If your employer is small to medium sized, they will pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessment. The government will pay the rest up to the funding band maximum.

Level 2

Level 3

  • Site Supervision programme (CIOB)
  • Heritage NVQ Level 3
  • Construction Level 4
  • Higher Level Carpentry and Joinery Course

Student Success Stories

Katherine Cary

BSc Historic Building Conservation Katharine studied for the Foundation Degree in Historic Building Conservation at the Building Crafts College, run in conjunction with the University …


Lily Marsh

Advanced Diploma in Stonemasonry For Lily the Advanced Diploma in Stone masonry course was an opportunity to immerse herself in the craft, learn techniques and …


Emma Leslie

2 Year Fine Woodwork Diploma Whilst at the BCC, Emma particularly enjoyed the amount of bench time the course offered and the access to the …


Rowena Edwards

We caught up with Rowena Edwards who graduated from the Building Crafts College’s 2 Year Fine Woodwork Diploma course in July 2017. What did you enjoy most …


Luke Ebbutt James

Luke graduated from the Building Crafts College’s 2 Year Fine Woodwork Diploma in July 2015. What did you enjoyed about your course at the Building Crafts College? …


Dan Baxter

Nineteen-year-old Dan Baxter is an apprentice with TMJ Interiors in Suffolk. TMJ Interiors was established in 1981 and has become a leader in specialist joinery and the …

Want to join?

Apply using our online form