NEJ Stevenson Ltd
Reporting to: The Production Director
NEJ Stevenson are recruiting Cabinet Makers to join our growing team based in Church Lawford, near Rugby.
We are a privately owned, Midlands based furniture manufacturer delivering exceptional bespoke high quality,
freestanding and fitted furniture to our varied clients.
Since 1992 we have worked continuously with the Royal Household becoming Royal Warrant Holders in 2003.
Other clients include conservation charities, English Heritage and The National Trust, as well as public schools,
interior designers, architects and construction companies and some private clients.
As an experienced Cabinet Maker you must be highly skilled and forward thinking in regards to working
effectively and efficiently. You will need to have the drive and confidence to lead projects either on your own or
with a small team of makers. You will be passionate about your work, with excellent attention to detail. You will
also be highly organised and methodical and have a demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines whilst
maintaining a top-quality finish.
Cabinet Maker – Key Responsibilities and Skills:
• An understanding of design and a fine eye for detail.
• Reading detailed construction drawings in paper and digital formats.
• High-level practical furniture and joinery skills.
• Able to operate a wide variety of wood machines and to have operational qualifications.
• Experience and knowledge of a wide variety of timbers, veneers and manufactured boards and sub
• Experience using and applying secondary materials such as decorative metal trims and inlays, glass and
• A good knowledge of cabinet jointing and assembly with up to date fixings using power tool jointers.
• A good knowledge of using and installing modern fittings, drawer runners, hinges and architectural
Skills in veneering including, selection, cutting, jointing and pressing using a hydraulic press and bag press.
• High personal standards of work and presentation.
• Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Expressions of interest and CV should be sent by email Mr Ian Bown Production Director
Tel: +44 (0)24 7654 4662 Fax +44 (0) 24 7654 5345 www. nejstevenson.co.uk