Learn to make a guitar, ukelele or cittern. An introductory course for beginners. No experience necessary.
Summer Term 2023
The aim of the course is to foster an understanding of and learn the skills of constructing classical guitars and how to affect the sound by choice of material and construction. We will be using the Spanish model, based on Ramirez- guitars. Over the first 10 weeks we aim to have the guitar carcase glued up.
Further classes to complete the guitar will continue in the Autumn term in evenings
To register your interest, please use our online application form
- College certificate
- Interest inmusical instruments, woodworking and design
- No prior experience necessary
- Steel toe-capped boots (to be worn at all times while on course)
- H or 2H pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Summer Term, evenings for 10 weeks. Dates TBC
- Further courses will continue in the autumn term on Thursday evenings
- 10 week course £1075
- N/A (college certification only)
- Opportunity to gain material for portfolio or develop your experience in design
- Other woodworking mainstream programme
- To find out more about our stonemasonry courses please ring the College on 020 8522 1705 or why not attend an open day!